Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Quick and Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies.PaTY.


These are awesome! I LOVE the texture of these cookies. Totally cake-like. I love the recipes I've tried from "Mama Pea" on Peas and Thank You.

1/3 cup nut or seed butter of your choice (is use peanut butter)
1 flax egg (1 T. ground flax + 3 T. water, whisked and allowed to sit until thickened)
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1/2 cup stevia baking blend, sucanat or coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup oat flour (or old-fashioned oats, finely ground)
1/3 cup vanilla protein powder OR brown rice cereal OR additional oat flour*
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup chocolate chips

From Mama Pea... *I use protein powder to make these a pre or post workout snack for me or Pea Daddy, but I sub in the rice cereal or more oats when these are strictly for the kiddos. I’ve doubled this recipe before, subbed in butterscotch or peanut butter chips or raisins, used a variety of nut butters. Try whatever you like!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together nut or seed butter, egg, milk and sweetener of your choice, and vanilla.

In a separate bowl, combine oat flour, additional protein powder, cereal or oats, baking soda and salt.

Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until well combined.

Fold in chocolate chips.

Scoop dough out by heaping spoonful and place on a lightly greased cooking sheet.

Bake for 8-10 minutes, until cookies are set and lightly browned. Allow to cool for one minute before transferring to a cooling rack.

2 comments:

  1. We love these :0) Love her site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so amazing! They go so fast, I have to quadruple the recipe to make them last 2 days instead of one! Thanks for posting, Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!