Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Monday, November 16, 2015

Simple Tomato and Mushroom Pasta. {DeliciouslyElla}

This pasta has easily become my favorite. Deliciously Ella basically sold me on it with her introduction on Instagram... I'm pretty sure I was drooling as I laid in bed and laid my eyes upon it. Just like the name - simple - but so yummy.

"This is one of favourite winter recipes this year. Pasta has always been my comfort food; whenever I’m feeling a bit tired after a long day I head straight to this or a bowl of pesto pasta! This has a good three portions of veggies, so it makes me feel good, but it’s also just the easiest thing in the world and it’s so comforting and warming – plus it doesn’t feel scarily healthy, which is never what you want when you’re not feeling your best! The sautéed garlic, chill, paprika and miso adds a beautiful flavour to the sautéed tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach, which then perfectly coats the pasta in deliciousness."

4 servings of pasta, about 300g (I use brown rice pasta)
1 packet of cherry tomatoes (about 250g)
1 and a half packets of chestnut mushrooms (about 350-400g)
1/2 a packet of spinach (about 100g)
5 cloves of garlic
3 heaped teaspoons of tomato puree
2 teaspoons of brown miso paste
1 teaspoon of chili flakes
1 teaspoons of paprika
salt and pepper
Optional – 1/2 a lemon

Chop the tomatoes into quarters and the mushrooms into slices.
Put the pasta on to cook.
Peel the garlic and crush it into a pan with a glug of olive oil, salt and pepper. Let this heat for a few minutes until it’s bubbling. Then add in the tomatoes, mushrooms, chilli and paprika. Let this cook for about five minutes, until it’s all soft.
At this point stir in the spinach, tomato puree and miso and let the spinach wilt.
Once the pasta has cooked and been drained, then stir the sauce into the pasta.
Squeeze the lemon on top, if you’re using it, and add a little salt and lots of black pepper to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!